Change YOUR OWN name on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EricPickup, May 30, 2012.

1. EricPickup macrumors newbie

Hi, I wanted to play around and test Siri on my new iPhone.
    I said "Hello", and it replied "Hello, Nancy" which is my mother's name. My name in my itunes account is my actual name. How do I change this back to my actual name? (I'm the one who actual bought this, and stuff)

2. jkeekij macrumors regular

Under Settings>Siri you need to set the default contact (yours) for Siri and you should be all set.

3. EricPickup thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply, but when I go to My info, it opens up my contacts? When I select one it changes nothing :/

Edit: Nevermind! I read that wrong! I got it to work, thanks! :) Will it use that name for anything else, though?

4. jkeekij macrumors regular

Once you select a default contact under Siri settings it should apply it. Let me get my phone and try...

edit:

Settings>General>Siri>My Info and then select your contact card from the list.

5. EricPickup thread starter macrumors newbie

I read it wrong! I got it to work, thanks! Will it use that name for anything else, though?

6. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Siri, call me '______' would also work.

7. jkeekij macrumors regular

Anything in Siri that will use the name that's what it will call you. You can also activate Siri and say "Call me Joe" and it will respond "OK from now on I'll call you Joe"

8. Bobby.e macrumors 6502

This person is correct

9. rorostarrs macrumors newbie

Maps

I was able to tell siri what my name is, but when I send my location via text message it still thinks I'm someone else. Anyone know how to fix that?

10. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Yeah, you could have asked Siri to start calling you something else. A little creepy, but works.