Changed Contrast, now I don't know default

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by liquidsense, Mar 22, 2008.

1. liquidsense macrumors member

I was doing my due diligence and learning various shortcut keys. I was surprised to see that there was a shortcut key for contrast settings - namely, ctrl+opt+cmd+"." or ",".

I started changing the contrast without keeping a mental check of how many ticks I was going up and down. Now I don't know what I had set it at before.

I thought I'd just go to my color settings, change the profile to something else, then change it back. However, doing that didn't change the new contrast setting. In other words, if I turn the contrast wayyyyyyy up so that it's practically white and black, then change the color profile, then change it back to my standard, the contrast was still tweaked wayyy up.

Any advice?

2. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

Go to System Preferences --> Universal Access and set "Enhance Contrast" to "Normal" (which is the minimum slider setting). This should do the trick.

3. Pickoff macrumors member

It is kinda like a bike with faulty gears... You will have no idea what setting you are on, but you can be doing just fine. Find what works for you and stick with it.

4. liquidsense thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your help. The knowledge here is incredible.