Changed from PC to Mac, backing up and updating touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hack On Wheels, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Hack On Wheels macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just recently switched from my deceased PC to my new Mac, loving the change but I haven't figured out what to do with my Touch. I've looked for how to get music off the iPod, and while it turns up in iTunes I can't access the iPod and the music and other files through Finder or Terminal.

I'd like to copy all the music over onto this computer, in addition to doing a full backup of the Touch so as to not lose any of the information for my apps. How would I go about doing this?

Also, having done this, is there any reason to reformat the iPod or anything, or should I just hit sync and let it run?

Thanks!

2. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

If you take your old PC to the Apple Store with the new Mac they'll transfer everything that was on your old PC to your Mac.

3. Hack On Wheels thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have a semi-recent back up that I can use if I have to. I would have transferred whatever I wanted myself from the PC, but unfortunately it is actually dead. The most important thing is that my Touch has just about everything from the old computer that I want to put on my Mac anyways. That and the fact that I would like to back-up my Touch.

Thanks for the response though. :) Any other ideas/suggestions would be appreciated! I'll keep looking around to see if I'm missing something obvious..