Resolved changed icon-MediaPlayer.png and iPod gone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Divinearoma, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Divinearoma, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

Divinearoma macrumors newbie

UPDATE-SOLVED
    The permissions for MobileMusicPlayer.app set up incorrectly. Fixing that along with fixing applicationstate.plist and com.apple.mobileinstallation.plist did the trick. Thanks for the suggestions.

---------------------------------------------
    Running 4.3.3 on 3GS, was messing aroun with icons and decided to change my iPod icon manually (no winterboard installed). I renamed the old icon to back it up and then dropped in my new icon-MediaPlayer.png into the MobileMusicPlayer. After respring, the iPod icon is gone/doesn't show up on Springboard. I went back and deleted the new icon and renamed the old I icon to icon-MediaPlayer.png. After respring, still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas what I need to do to fix this? I didn't backup info.plist before doing this and wondered if that's where I went wrong.

PLEASE, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Follow up question

I tried switching up the </true> and </false> values for the unified-ipod keys (the first two, the other two look like they're for iPad) in info.plist in the MobileMusicplayer.app folder as well as the N88AP.plist (N##AP.plist) in the Springboard.app folder. I was hoping this would at least show the audio and video player icons but no luck after respring. Am I missing another .plist somewhere or could this signify that some other package might be responsible (EnhancedFolders for example)?

I also noticed that the iPod app wasn't showing up in other apps that use installd to show installed apps (Auto3G white list). Should it show up as a installed app but with a missing icon or not show up at all?

3. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

So it looks like I switched from a unified media player to audio and video players. The icons aren't showing up on the springboard but they do appear under settings. I didn't change the Audio and Video icons in any way yet they aren't appearing either.

I also noticed that I could go through SBSettings and into the Dock settings and add the iPod to the dock (the entry is there with the correct icon). However, once added to the SBSettings dock, pulling up the dock shows no iPod icon.

4. Divinearoma, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011

Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Update 2

Just noticed that if I have just the iPod toggled on in SBSettings dock prefs vs none toggled on, there's a space in the dock that I can tap and the SBSettings pane animates to zoom away and open the iPod app except the iPod app doesn't start. If I don't have any apps added to the SBSettings app dock, then no matter where I tap on the SBSettings dock, nothing happens. SBSettings is accessing something from the AppList Cydia app.

Also removed some obvious tweaks although I haven't tried removing either the AppList Cydia app or iFile.

Also tried using Winterboard to use a theme with a custom iPod icon and that didn't work nor did uninstalling the theme or Winterboard.

Any ideas?

5. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Another Question

Can anyone please tell me if they have com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer somewhere under the iconLists arrays in the N##AP.plist file in the SpringBoard.app folder?

6. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

question

So I'm starting to think that I must have incorrectly named my replacement icon-MediaPlayer.png icon when I first tried changing it. Can anyone please tell me what would happen in this case after a respiring/reboot? What would the OS do in this case, alter a plist or something?

7. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Update...Progress

So I think I know what happened.

Somehow the MobilemusicPlayer was uninstalled (maybe from mispelled icon name?) from Springboard. I'm pretty sure my MobileMusicPlayer.app hasn't been corrupted, the directory/files all appear to be in tact. At the least, it wasn't deleted.

I noticed that in /var/mobile/library/Springboard/applicationstate.plist that the dictionary value for the com.apple.mobileipod-mediaplayer has "_SBUninstalledDate Jul 6, 2011 2:04:43 PM".

Also there is no com.apple.mobileipod entry in com.apple.mobile.installation.plist.

Since I still have the MobileMusicPlayer.app shouldn't there be a way to reinstall?

8. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

No help?

Am I doing posting incorrectly? Isearched for similar topics and didn't find anything. Why no help?

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I guess nobody can help stop bumping your thread

10. FFocuSS macrumors member

Back up packages, restore to factory settings, re-jailbreak, restore packages.

11. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Reinstall MobileMusicPlayer.app

Reinstall MobileMusicPlayer.app. That's all I need to do. I'm trying to see if I can do it without using Mac, but I know I can do it from a Mac if all else fails. iisforiphone, I added info as I figured the problem out, I wasn't just TTTing.

12. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

MobileInstallation.log

/var/mobile/Library/Logs/MobileInstallation/ contains logs of installs.

I have almost everything fixed but on reboot, this is being written to the log:

[*]Fri Jul *8 00:28:12 2011 pid=229 (0x2fef6000) : Can't stat /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/Settings.bundle: Permission denied
    [*]Fri Jul *8 00:28:12 2011 pid=229 (0x2fef6000) : stat /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app uid=501 gid=501 p=40644
    [*]Fri Jul *8 00:28:12 2011 pid=229 (0x2fef6000) load_application_type: Could not extract identifier for /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app
    [*]Fri Jul *8 00:28:12 2011 pid=229 (0x2fef6000) load_application_type: Ignoring Utilities
    [*]Fri Jul *8 00:28:12 2011 pid=229 (0x2fef6000) reconcileLS: com.apple.mobileipod went away

13. borregod macrumors newbie

Divinearoma, I renamed the same icon-MediaPlayer,png file by mistake and lost iPod and Videos. I checked my applicationstate.plist file and also saw _SBUninstalledDate.

Can you please let me know what steps you took to fix the problem?

Removing the SBUninstalledDate entry doesn't seem to work.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

14. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Borregod

Check the permissions for the MobileMusicPlayer.app directory. They should e set to
    User: read, write, execute
    Group: read, write, execute
    world: read, execute

Let me know if that doesn't work.

15. borregod macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply Divinearoma.

I checked MobileMusicPlayer.app and the permissions look right.

Owner: root
    Group: admin
    User: read, write, execute
    Group: read, write, execute
    world: read, execute

Everytime I try editing out the SBUninstalledDate entries they keep coming back.
    Let me know what else I can try. Thanks again for the quick reply and help.

16. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Try looking up the install logs in /var/mobile/Library/Logs/MobileInstallation/. Find the one for the date/time where the issue arose and it should note why the OS cant get the app running correctly.

Ignore the applicationstate.plist and the SBUninstalledDate entry, the issue lies elsewhere. Try copying and pasting what you find in the install logs.

17. borregod macrumors newbie

Here is what the logs show for that date when I made the change to the icon:

Fri Jul 22 13:54:41 2011 pid=3113 (0x2fee7000) send_message: failed to send mach message of 35821 bytes: 10000003
    Fri Jul 22 13:54:41 2011 pid=3113 (0x2fee7000) send_status: Could not send response to client
    Fri Jul 22 14:14:39 2011 pid=3177 (0x2ffdf000) send_message: failed to send mach message of 35352 bytes: 10000003
    Fri Jul 22 14:14:39 2011 pid=3177 (0x2ffdf000) send_status: Could not send response to client

18. Divinearoma thread starter macrumors newbie

Installation logs

Try finding log messages that display something unsual, you might have to scan multiple log files. Also you can try removing the SBuninstall value for MobileMusicPlayer.app under the applicationstate.plist and then reboot your phone. Once it's rebooted, check the most recent installation log entries.