Changed iTunes, all apps are gone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by snaxit0408, Jan 4, 2011.

1. snaxit0408 macrumors newbie

Recently, my computer busted, thus leaving me only with my iPod, but then something happened to it which was forced me with restoring my iPod using my brother's laptop; making it completely empty. Now that I have a new laptop, I've signed in into my new iTunes and all but all my apps that I have downloaded and paid using the same account is not showing. How can I restore all of my apps back? This is really frustrating as I have bought a lot of apps :(

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

So, you're iPod is empty now too?

If that is the case, you can redownload the apps without being charged again. (Note, this is only for apps, not music/movies/TV shows)

If they are still on the iPod, you can transfer purchased items from it within iTunes.

3. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

Right now, you don't have many options, but if you would like your whole library back, I suggest taking the hard drive out of the broken computer and into the new one (or into an external enclosure). Then you can transfer the old library to the new computer. This is assuming that the problem with your broken computer wasn't something to do with the hard drive :)

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

As the first responder noted, you can re-download all of the apps you previously had (only the paid apps). Again, as the first responder said, this is only for apps, not for downloaded music, but since apps are what you are asking about, you should be okay. :D

5. snaxit0408 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes! Thank you! I didn't even manage to think of that.

And yeap, it definitely works! Thank you so much!

But am now currently facing a new problem. I'm trying to redeem an app that my brother has gifted me, but instead of actually redeeming it, it goes straight to the Apple.com and prompting me to install an iTunes, which I just did. Why is this happening?!:mad:

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm not sure how it works with a gifted app..maybe it won't allow for re-download in that situation?

Hopefully someone else has a better idea..

7. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

I'm guessing you haven't redeemed the app before? If not, I suggest just trying to redeem it straight to the iPod. And yes, gifted apps should redownload for free as well.