Changed MM pw. Now I can't log on at all.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by NOD, Oct 26, 2009.

1. NOD macrumors member

Hey folks.

Believe me, I don't start threads unless I can find no other apparent answer ANWHERE on the web.

I've had a .mac (now mobileme) account for years. Recently, my wife wanted to have full access to my calendar along with the capability to create a joint calendar. So, as to make everything (ostensibly) easier for her, I decided to change the pw on my mobileme account. I used the 'forgot id/pw' option online at mobileme (I figured it would be no big deal), got the email sent to me, and changed the pw per their instructions.

Ever since then, I am no longer able to:

1) logon to mobileme online
    2) get my mobileme pref pane to accept my new pw (or my old pw) as valid
    3) sync my calendars or other info (obviously, this goes hand-in-hand w/ #2 above).

I have now tried changing my pw on the order of 6 or 7 times, have tried deleting my keychain for mobileme, have tried it on 5 of my macs (including one that was purely an HTPC and was never previously set up w/ mobileme), have tried it w/ just my user ID as well as the suffix '@me.com,' as well as the actual email addy to which it is sent (which is an @gmail.com addy), all to no avail.

Strangely enough, each time I changed the login, I have had ZERO problems logging in to my itunes account when I use the new pw.

I am on the verge of implosion here. Someone PLEASE set me straight on what I can only assume is my colossal idiocy.:(

2. NOD thread starter macrumors member

Oh, and I also tried repairing permissions in disk utility, just on the remote possibility it could be undermining me in any way.

Needless to say, continued failure.:mad: