Changed my mind on a bigger screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lukevr, Nov 3, 2015.

1. lukevr macrumors newbie

I bought 5s at a day one, fallen in love with it and there was nothing I would complain about. After a year and a something I got a deal to buy an iphone 6. So, I gave it a try. Used it about 5 weeks and didn't get used to a design and a big screen as well, it just felt so huge. Sold my iphone 6 a came back to 5s, was happy. Now after more than 10 months, I feel like my phone is getting smaller and smaller and I just have this feeling that I need a bigger screen for almost everything. Tried 6s in an apple shop and something weird happened. Suddenly, it didn't feel that big. Felt like it has really great dimensions. My hand gets bigger or dunno.
    Anyone with a same problem? Same feeling?

2. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

I had a similar story. Sold my 5s to get an iPhone 6 in late january 2015 but felt it was too big for my hands so I sold it 3 months later in april. Again I picked up a 5s that I kept until october when I also felt the screen was too small and wanted the new seamless rounded design of the 6. Also, my 5s was getting slower and the battery life was complete garbage, plus all the new features of the 6s, I finally made the jump and picked up a 6s in october and I love this phone. I would say go ahead it's completely worth it, you don't just get a bigger screen, you're getting a lot new features and improvements. The iPhone 6 was not much of an improvement to me over the 5s but the 6s is definitely a big improvement over the 6. Also I don't know if you are a case guy but I would not advice putting one on it. I bought one for my 6s but removed it 2 weeks later because it was too heavy and made one handed usability very hard. Now I removed it and I really enjoy the nice rounded design and thinness of the phone.
    Anyway, that was my opinion, hope it will help you making your decision. :)

3. lukevr thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear that I am not alone.
    Probably gonna buy it, not sure if 16 or 64 gb tho, extra 100 euro makes a difference :/
    Never encountered problem with a capacity (owned only 16 gb models) but with live photos and 4k video I probably will.
    Anyway, thanks!

4. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Same happened for me but with iPhone 6.

When I first got it I thought the size was reasonable. Easy to use and nice fit in the hand. Later I started feeling that the screen was too small and I would love to have bigger screen for my content. So I went with 6S+ this time. I love it.

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

don't settle with 16 Gb ....

6. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I kept saying on the forum that I wouldn't switch from a 4-inch screen.

The only problem with my plan is that I have a subsidized upgrade worth $450 which is being wasted if I don't use it every 2-years on the latest phone. So... 6s it is.

Gotta say while I get used to certain phones and don't like to change things, my brain adapts rather quickly and have really come to enjoy the 6s and the improvements it provides.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

As far as 16gb goes my wife and mother both had 16gb phone until our 6s upgrades. They've already surpassed 16gb just in videos and live photos. They can always delete them, but it's nice not to be forced to. If you KNOW you take a lot of pictures, and you plan on using live photos, you can count on your photo reel to be 2x the size.

Plenty of people still get along fine with 16gb so it is still very subjective.

8. Jessica08 macrumors regular

Jessica08

I would definitely get the 64gb. The 16gb won't cut it on the 6S I don't think. I have always gotten the 16gb, but I got tired of having to delete photos and such just to allow for software updates. Why Apple doesn't make the 32GB the base model is beyond me.

9. skiltrip macrumors 68030

It's definitely a strange feeling. When I bought my Galaxy S3 (about same size as iPhone 6), and I pulled it out of the box, I was in awe of the size! I just looked at it, trying to imagine how I could possibly use such a big phone. I laugh at that now. After having the GS3 for 2 years, and the iPhone 6 for two years, it just feels normal. I could even say it feels on the smaller side of normal.

After swearing up and down that the 6+/6S+ was just too darn big to be practically all the up to a week or so ago, I stopped into the Apple Store, just to look, you know, that's what we tell ourselves.
    I stopped in to see the Rose Gold in person, to check out 3D Touch, Live Photos, and lastly (or so I thought), just to handle the Plus again and see if it struck me any differently. Low and behold, it did. The increased weight and slightly increased thickness actually improved the handleability for me. I bought one on the spot. I bought it less than 48 hours ago, and I'm still adjusting. But even last night I broke out the 6 just to remember what it felt like, and it feels incredibly tiny. I had my 6 in Zoomed mode because it's just too hard for me to read comfortably in Standard mode (and I have really good eyesight).

The more I use the 6S+, the more "normal" it's beginning to feel. My handling is also adjusting without thinking about it. The first hour or three, I tried to handle it the way I handled my 6, and I find myself changing my grip without even having thought about it. I really do think I can safely say this is the biggest I ever want a phone to be. No, seriously, I mean it this time!