Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Never been a fan of the champagne gold on the i5, but my wife's got a gold 6 and tonight she received her Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Metal case and I totally changed my mind.

I'm sure I've got no chance of getting a gold now, so it appears I'll have to hang on to my white/silver Plus.

[Edit] - Thread title changed.

Last edited:

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Edit: Whoooops... just saw you are in London so the website below might not work for that.

http://idevicechecker.com

Might help locating a gold one if you want to go through the trouble of return/rebuy.

Personally I would stick with the silver... looks amazing IMO.

keisa

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2013
I expected pictures

I actually have the Gold 6 with a Case Mate Tough Air case in pool blue. Looks GORGEOUS.

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
I expected pictures

I actually have the Gold 6 with a Case Mate Tough Air case in pool blue. Looks GORGEOUS.

It would be nice of you and OP to post some pictures here for us. Thanks :apple: !

KuchiKopi

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
You're the first person I've talked to that actually likes the Gold color on the 6.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
I had the gold 5S and didn't really care for it too much, it was so lightly colored you could barely tell it apart from the silver. Hopefully this time it's actually yellowish. I've heard it is, I'll find out in like two weeks :rolleyes:

Azzin

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I've gone gold! :D

I checked the Apple reservation website this morning and a store local to where I was working Today had one, so I reserved it and picked it up this evening!

I'll be returning my white/silver 6+.

nickdylan

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2012
Really hated the gold iPhone 5S but the gold iPhone 6 looks great. Rocking the silver iPhone 6 because that's what I always get, but IMO the gold looks just as nice.

SpottieOttie

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2014
I'm a dude and I love the gold. I'm thinking about getting applecare plus for peace of mind, and going naked.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
All of my phones to this point have been black. I have the gold 6 Plus and absolutely love it; it's gorgeous

vampirelovereye

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
I thought I wouldn't like my gold 6 plus because people here kept describing as either a rose gold with pinkish hue(obviously color blind) or really yellow. Well I am good with colors and it is a gorgeous true gold,no pink or yellow imo. I love it!! Just the shade I hoped for. I bought the Case-mate Naked Tough case in clear so I can still enjoy the beauty of the phone but the case is more slick than I hoped!

----------

Are you OK with the white bands on the back of the gold phones??

They don't look tacky or bad in person....it's weird

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
I have the space grey, but after seeing all in person now, the 'gold' is the nicest and classiest by far. Grey and silver look like cheaper Android phones :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.