Changed name of Computer now TimeMachine no workie?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JustGretchen, Mar 26, 2009.

1. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

I'm looking at my parents iMac via Apple Remote Desktop and noticing that their Time Machine backups are not working. It seems the last successful backup was about a month ago when I was there, I plugged it in before I made some changes to their setup and added another mac to their house.

During the tweaks I was making, since i added another mac (a MacBook), I changed the iMac's computer name to simply "iMac" from "C*** R*****'s iMac". It seems the iMac has not had a successful Time Machine Backup since that day.

The 500gig external drive is intact, I've run diagnostics on it and it all checks out fine.

Any suggestions?

2. JustGretchen thread starter macrumors 6502

Tonight I had my dad make sure the drive was turned on, and it began as 12.5gb backup... it got to the end and said 12.5 of 12.5gb backed up, but it just sat there...and still is sitting there as I am typing this. It's been at that point for about 15 minutes now and I'm afraid it's going to fail.

3. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka