Changed superdrive, now display not working...:(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mgt17ga, Jun 13, 2011.

1. mgt17ga macrumors newbie

I have a Black Macbook, late 2006 version. The superdrive recently stopped working, so I purchased a new one and just finished installing it (following the steps outlined here: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/MacBook-Core-2-Duo-Optical-Drive-Replacement/518/1). Once I had everything back together, I powered up the macbook, but the display shows no image. The power light comes on and I can here the computer working and making the normal start-up sounds, but there is no image. Any ideas of what I did wrong and how I can resolve the issue?? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

2. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

When installing a new optical drive into a MacBook you have to disconnect the display cable according to the iFixit guide. You should go through the process again until you get to this section. Check you have the cable correctly connected to its socket, make sure its free from dust etc.

It could be that cable was damaged during the repair and I think this may mean a new display unless it can be repaired.