Changed your mind?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, May 4, 2015.

?

Have you changed your mind?

1. No longer going to buy

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. Still going to buy

33 vote(s)
    15.1%
  3. Sending mine back

22 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Keeping mine

151 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Having read all about it, or having seen one in an Apple Store, or having actually bought one, have you changed your mind?

2. l3it3r macrumors regular

l3it3r

Was on the fence about ordering it from day one (was pebble curious as well). Saw a couple reviews and was sold by them, but still a little unsure. My wife's came in and it's fantastic. Can't wait for mine.

3. willismac macrumors member

Changed your mind?

I had ordered a sport but have now decided to get the apple watch. The sport just seemed a bit cheap. Glad I went to try them on. But having to wait until July is going to be a killer.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Haven't rec'd mine (tomorrow), but having played around with it enough in store, I'll be keeping it. At $350 it's less than I paid for keyless entry on my car and the AW, if nothing else, keeps me from having to dig out my phone every call, text, or notification.

Now whether I use it instead of my Garmin running watch + chest strap remains to be seen. I'll have to do my own experiments to see if it's a good running watch. I'm not too encouraged based on what I've read here, but these things are usually YMMV.

I think it's important to recognize that this is a 1.0 product, and even Apple's 1.0 products are a shell of even the 2.0 version. The AW seems strictly for dedicated early adopters willing to take the arrows that pioneers take with these first products.

5. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

To answer my own question: I'm sending mine back.

6. GeorgiaPower macrumors newbie

I'm still on the fence. Was set on a SG Sport and preordered one. Read forums and ordered an SS. Tried on all SG Sport and SS and was going to stick with SS. Received the SG and I really like, so I may cancel the SS.

7. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

8. gusping macrumors 6502

+1, 75% sure mine is going back now.

9. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The only way Apple gets mine back is to pry it off my cold dead arm.:D

10. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

Double Gosh: That is not true.

11. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

12. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

Indeed, it's now 8 out of 70, which is still over 10%.

13. Vin2015 macrumors member

Where is the, don't want it anymore since trying them on and reading reviews, but just waiting for it to get delivered so I can sell it for a big markup.

Why on Earth would you cancel or send it back at this point. If you are still getting it in the next few weeks, you can still make a few hundred dollars profit.

14. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

15. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I love how Polls show users here are happy with their watches regardless of all the naysayers, Apple haters and trolls commenting in threads.

16. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

This is hardly a scientific poll.

17. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I've been undecided from the beginning, and I'm still at that point. I went to pick up my unlocked 5s from my local Apple Store today and looked at the watches. I spoke to an associate who was helping me out and I still wasn't blown away by the device (even seeing it in person). For now, I'm going to hold off on buying one.

18. danniexi macrumors 6502

I did change my mind; I decided to keep it.

I was a bit skeptical of the Watch. My true feelings about it have not changed; It's an accessory, but certainly not a necessity in terms of my day to day activities. It won't replace my more expensive watches. And my life hasn't been drastically changed by it whatsoever.

But my goodness, is it a fun little gadget to use. As an avid watch user, the Apple Watch will definitely be my daily driver. Only rarely will I ever feel compelled to use any of my other watches.

19. whatos macrumors 6502a

Bought one.

Used it heavily for seven days.

Found it very nice but of zero value to me.

Returned it on day eight.

Very happy to eliminate one more device that requires charging, updating, bug fixes, etc.

20. dandrewk, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015

dandrewk macrumors 6502

Of the ten (so far) claiming they are returning theirs:

• Three never seriously intended to keep the watch. They just wanted to explore a new toy, for free, for a couple of weeks.
    • Two are upset that their leather loop band hasn't shipped yet and are venting frustrations
    • Two are insecure Android/Pebble owners threatened by the Apple Watch's success
    • Two are your basic child/troll whose only intent is to be obnoxious
    • The O.P.

All I can say is: Gosh!

21. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The OP was actually worried about being seen in public with his and looking foolish, so this whole poll is rather suspect. ;)

I dunno about you, but I don't buy things that I think will make me look foolish in public.

22. J.gerbes macrumors 6502

23. pjschmid macrumors member

Those of us that are probably sending the Watch back are not all trolls. I'm an :apple: lover but my Watch isn't working and just makes me want to cry. Support has been uncharacteristically unhelpful. The genius bar guy just told me to wear if for a week and see if it got better and Apple Care isn't getting back to me. I've been trying to get some help with it since I got it on Friday. Since the clock is ticking on returns it will have to go back on Friday if there is no resolution.

It doesn't recognize it's on my wrist most of the time so it's always locked and I don't get notifications or anything. I finally had to just turn it off and put it away today. Just staring at the damn thing flashing the locked signal at me was killing me. :(

24. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

You may have to have your unit replaced? Mine seems to work fine so far except Siri sometimes freezes.

25. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Still plan on keeping mine when/if mine ever arrives. Getting rather discouraged right now though. June seems an awful long time away.