Changes that should have been added to iTunes 8

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Andrew K., Sep 10, 2008.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I am so tired of the LED info Screen at the top ( the one that show the current song playing and dowloads ), it looks like an old calculator screen, I wish Apple would have made it white with Blue accents or even Black with white text. And a separate icon underneath movies for music videos instead of it being in a playlist, what do you guys think?

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I agree that they need a separate source item for Music Videos.
    Hopefully that will by an 8.x update.

Hadn't thought of it, but that center window has never really seen any changes. I wouldn't want a dramatic departure, but maybe a whole app skin selector, say 2-4 different choices, though app skins have never really been an Apple thing.

3. I'm 5 ft 8 macrumors regular

I'm 5 ft 8

Agree. I don't understand why they can't give some of choice,when it comes to a choice a skins. This old standard gray colour is boring as hell. Come on guys, at least get in the 90's.

4. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

It'd have been nice had they made it skinnable. If they really need to turn a profit on it they could even offer compatible skins in the store for a small price, it'd at least have been something.

And I agree with the old calculator bit. Now that you mention it...

EDIT: The grid view reminds me a lot of what WMP looks like. Strange I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet.

5. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

Here's one of my pet peaves of iTunes, viewing the songs on your iPod in iTunes. I hate that you only get list view, I think they should change it to allow you to choose which view you wish to see.

I also agree with the calculator-esque info pane. It should definitely get a re-vamp, but leave it when you use the mini player.

6. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Personally I don't mind the 'calculator style', it's simple, easy to read and doesn't distract.

7. tobyboat macrumors newbie

The Music Video Icon HAS to be re-introduced.
    It kills me that music videos show up in my Music Library!
    Please Apple, please!