Changes to Notes won't appear on Mac or iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Iphone4sinwhite, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Iphone4sinwhite macrumors 6502

I use the notes the notes app quite frequently between my iPhone 5s, iPad 4, and MBP. For some reason, changes to individual notes I make on my iPad do not appear on my Mac or iPhone. Changes I make on the other devices do show up on in iPad notes app almost instantaneously. To solve this problem I made sure the software on all devices is up to date and checked that the default account for Notes is iCloud on 5s and the iPad. What else might be causing this issue?

2. doboy macrumors 68000

Try turning note syncing off and on in settings.

3. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you mean changing the default account in Settings>Notes? My iPhone has only iCloud while my iPad has both iCloud and gmail? I tried toggling the account on my iPad between iCloud and gmail but the notes on my iPhone and Mac still do not update.

4. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

Updating to iOS 8.1 has not solved this issue. Maybe a trip to the Genius bar is in order

5. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

In case anyone else has this issue, there were notes under two separate accounts on my iPAd.

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I've been sharing Notes via Gmail on multiple iPhones and iPads since 2009 with no problems whatsoever.

Maybe you need to pick only one sync method to use. Use Gmail on all OR iCloud on all; it might make a difference in consistency.

7. Iphone4sinwhite thread starter macrumors 6502

This is exactly the perfect solution. I have moved all notes to the iCloud account on all devices and now they are visible on all devices. Although I'd like to remove the Gmail account from my iPad notes app and leave only the iCloud account, it appears I can't, so I'll leave it dormant.

8. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

The problem with going all iCloud is 5gigs. I ain't payin no one every month to keep my data around. I think Google gives me 10 or 20 gigs? I tried moving everything over to iCloud, it got full and offered to charge my credit card? Why should I pay for what I've been getting free for years and years and still get free? Screw 5 gigs. That would have been barely tolerable 10 years ago.

Not to mention the whole reliability and consistency thing.

9. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Happy to hear that you're sorted now. Also happy to help.

10. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

You either pay with money or pay with personal info, but you still pay.

11. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

So many weird entities collect everything about me and give me nothing in return. Most of the time those entities do it involuntarily, without my permission, and it's effectively impossible to get them to stop doing it. Google on the other hand is very up front about what they're doing and they give A LOT in return.