Changes to price in iPad after Sept. 12?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hogpen, Aug 9, 2012.

  1. hogpen macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    #1
    Hi, I hope this question hasn't been asked too much. My friend is looking to buy a regular 9.7" iPad but wasn't sure if he should buy now or wait until the possible announcement of the iPad mini.

    Do you think it's likely that they would lower the price of the current retina display iPad if they announce a new iPad mini?

    Would you buy the new iPad now or wait until September 12 for possible price changes?



    He's a pilot and said it would be handy since he hates hauling around his Macbook everywhere.
     
  2. old-wiz macrumors G3

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2008
    Location:
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    #2
    why would they change the price of an existing model just because they might introduce a smaller model? They will still sell the current model at the same price.
     
  3. hogpen thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2008
    #3
    Think it's likely they make slight changes to the current iPad and release it before the normal cycle date? Like changes to the battery because of the heat issues or an IGZO display.

    I guess that would be the better question. You're right they probably wouldn't lower the price for just an iPad mini. But if they released a slightly new regular iPad then he'd probably buy the one out now for a lower price.
     
  4. Kroner macrumors regular

    Kroner

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2011
    Location:
    Norway
    #4
    But then Apple would have less to boast about when they release the next iPad :p

    Personally I don´t think anything will happen to the current iPad, or that the price will go down. If they were to add some improvements to the iPad, it probably wouldn´t come untill next version.

    Still Apple could suprise us, and do a little improvement on the iPad. Personally I would have gone and bought one now instead of waiting, then again it isn´t a long time to wait, so it might be fine to simply wait and see.

    Even if nothing happens to the 9.7", he might even show some interest in the iPad mini, and maybe the mini will be cheaper and suit his needs as well.
     
  5. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2009
    #5
    Considering it's only 2 months away, and if he doesn't mind holding off, I'd wait till the next iPad comes out. He'd save roughly $100, ($150 on a refurbished model)
     

Share This Page