Changeware Survey: new iPad Owners Very Satisfied: 82%

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Chupa Chupa, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Very + Somewhat Satisfied: 98%
    Somewhat or Very Unsatisfied: 2%

Biggest Like: Retina Display (75%)
    Biggest Dislike: Cost (26%)

Battery Issues: 22% positive, 6% negative

Heat: No problem 89%, Somewhat, Big problem: 4%

Partial Survey Details link (entire survey is pay only) here

This is the first scientifically conducted survey to provide hard evidence that the iPad screen and battery are not major issues and that those with those issues are either receiving truly defective units or are OCD. Again a nominal .5 to 1% defect rate on 3 million units is 30,000. That would be 30,000 people yelling vs.the silent millions.

The pool is a bit low @ 200, but even with a margin of error at say 10%, it wouldn't make much of a difference to the end conclusion that the vast majority of new iPad owners are very happy with the product.

(Although as the OCDers believe, the 98% satisfied are just stupid & blind, lacking the OCDers meticulous, superior attention to detail, and willing to accept any slop put before them.)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Do people care about Changeware? I'm just wondering because I've never heard the name.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Bet this poll would get different results if POSTERS on MacRumors were polled. :rolleyes:

4. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

They will still throw rocks at this and say its crap! If the media has not blown this thing out of proportion I seriously doubt it's a huge problem outside of MR!!! They jump on anything about Apple and quality. Just look at the iphone 4!

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Never heard of Changeware, and 200 is nothing.

I'm happy with my new iPad, just saying.

6. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Consumers probably don't care, but businesses do. They are a respected professional consumer research firm. If you've never heard of them you probably are not in the marketing business, just like someone in the marketing business may have never heard of Westlaw.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Very good point. And no, I'm not in marketing but I am very familiar with Westlaw.

8. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Hehe - I suspect the numbers would not be that different. Most of the noise about issues is coming from a small group of very vocal posters that clearly don't reflect the overall user satisfaction.

9. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

100% of the people surveyed at my house are 100% satisfied.

:D

BTW, it’s ChangeWave :)

10. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Lol - nice!

11. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Evidently you don't respect them much either - you didn't even know their name was changewave.

12. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Heh. I admit I goofed the name -- mine was thinking about several things at one time for one big bloop of mashup. Clearly I should have had a 2nd cup of coffee. But make no mistake I do respect them in the morning. :D

13. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Ah but here on MR, if these numbers showed a higher percentage of dissatisfied owners, the sampling of 200 would be dismissed as too small and irrelevant.

14. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

But they don't as demonstrated by the overwhelming number of users still on their first iPad.

15. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Depending on methodology 200 is a completely reasonable statistical sampling.

16. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Would be interesting if MR did surveys like these guys did/do. Perhaps thats something Arn should take a look at as I'm sure the opinions of several hundred thousands Apple nuts would be quite valuable to say the least.

17. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

Would they? Seems to me the community here is the very definition of biased sample. We're really not the average target market for iPad.