Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jestered

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
how hard is it to change the mbp's HD if i do decide to keep mine?

That is hard to answer. For a tech person who is used to getting into these machines, it is extremely easy. For someone that has not done it before, getting the top case off may seem like it is impossible because of the clips in the front. Stubborn MBPs will almost feel like you are going to break or bend the top case trying to get it off. If you are comfortable taking apart laptops, it is a pretty easy upgrade.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
If you are comfortable taking apart laptops, it is a pretty easy upgrade.

see thats what was nice about my compaq i had, it had a little door and was extreamly easy to just pull the door off, and pop out a few screws, ive taken my G5 apart many times, but never the top off of a laptop, so if thats what its going to require, i might have to think about that one.

Jestered

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
see thats what was nice about my compaq i had, it had a little door and was extreamly easy to just pull the door off, and pop out a few screws, ive taken my G5 apart many times, but never the top off of a laptop, so if thats what its going to require, i might have to think about that one.

It is really not that hard. You should look around for a take-apart manual for your computer. They are easy to find. Then you can actually see and read about how to do it. You may not think it is a big deal once you see what it involves.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
yeah i think ill do that, i wanna put a 250gb WD scropio in there, first i need to make a disk image so i dont have to reinstall FCS2 :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.