Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
The Android OS color scheme seems a bit dark to me. Is there a way to change it to look more like iOS?

Thanks.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012

Neither of those are actually home launchers. They're just apps that can be used to run other apps. So the notification bar on top is just for show. You can't actually pull it down. Furthermore, installing a home launcher won't change the color scheme for settings and stock apps, which is what I think the OP wants.

If this is what you want, MIUI is the only ROM that I know of that offers this. I do believe that Google should offer a dark and light theme to apply to the whole OS, similarly to what you find in holo apps.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Neither of those are actually home launchers. They're just apps that can be used to run other apps. So the notification bar on top is just for show. You can't actually pull it down. Furthermore, installing a home launcher won't change the color scheme for settings and stock apps, which is what I think the OP wants.

If this is what you want, MIUI is the only ROM that I know of that offers this. I do believe that Google should offer a dark and light theme to apply to the whole OS, similarly to what you find in holo apps.

Very very true.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
OP, if you are interested in flashing a new ROM, then just tell us which device you have, and I'm sure the people here will be happy to help you out.:)

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
OP, if you are interested in flashing a new ROM, then just tell us which device you have, and I'm sure the people here will be happy to help you out.:)

I'm getting the Note2. What does it mean to flash the rom? Is that like jailbreaking?

Thanks.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
I'm getting the Note2. What does it mean to flash the rom? Is that like jailbreaking?

Thanks.

No. Jailbreak makes the iphone more functional. Flash a rom doesnt really increase what Android is capable of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.