Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thinkhmm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Not sure if this should go in the Macbook thread or not, but here goes:

I was given a Macbook Pro for work. My boss used it for a presentation soon after we got it, which means she was the first to open Keynote and Pages. They are now tied to her App store login, and whenever an update comes along, it is attached to her account?

How do I change these apps over to my account? I was told to uninstall them and then reinstall them using my login, but Keynote is not free, so how does that work?

Thanks

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Not sure if this should go in the Macbook thread or not, but here goes:

I was given a Macbook Pro for work. My boss used it for a presentation soon after we got it, which means she was the first to open Keynote and Pages. They are now tied to her App store login, and whenever an update comes along, it is attached to her account?

How do I change these apps over to my account? I was told to uninstall them and then reinstall them using my login, but Keynote is not free, so how does that work?

Thanks

theres your problem, any apps purchased on itunes are tied to that apple ID

icewing

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
St Louis
I was told to uninstall them and then reinstall them using my login, but Keynote is not free, so how does that work?

Thanks

You'll have to pay for it using your login. Two different accounts, belonging to two different people = two purchases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.