Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hewhore

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Germany
I have two second gen. Airport Express configured to join my (non Apple) wireless network. Their only use is as AirPlay audio outputs. The units themselves function fine, (confirmed by playing audio from my iPhone), but on my iMac I am now unable to switch audio output to either of the boxes from, for example, my bluetooth headphones by clicking on the menu bar speaker/sound icon and then selecting either of the Airports, and the weird thing is it causes the internet connection to my Mac to be interrupted. Selecting either of the outputs from 'Output' under 'Sound' in System Preferences DOES work, and does not break my network connection.

goodfidelity

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2015
I have same problem. Did you solve this?

What versions of iTunes and OSX were you running?

I have 2009 Macbook that gives same problem. Audio just dropped from station to station during some months time. And now non of them will connect to the Macbook.

//GF

hewhore

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Germany
I didn't fix anything proactively, but I disconnected the airports and a couple of updates for Mojave have been installed since I started this thread. You may want to try a PRAM reset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.