Changing background picture without Summerboard

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Aaleck, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

perhaps it is with summerboard but I'm not sure. OK, this is what I did. First I installed the alpha release of summerboard and found out that is was crashing my applications. So I uninstalled it and everything was working perfectly. Today, new verison. Installed it and same problem. When I uninstalled it and restarted, my theme from summerboard didnt change. Crashes still happened. So I went into SSH and deleted all of the theme folders and everything else (except for the com.apple.springboard file) because it wouldnt let me boot the ipod without it. Then when I booted it up, my background was my wallpaper for my lock screen. I changed it really quick and it changes with it...

I know someone might say "Pictures or it didn't happen" but I could just be lying and replicate the results. Plus Its almost 4am and im too tired to get my xbox live camara

Not sure what I did but I just wanted to report that

2. solyd macrumors regular

There must be a hidden option somewhere that SummerBoard uses.

3. DizzyRose macrumors regular

DizzyRose

I'm having the exact same problem. The background picture is the same as the lock screen, the last line on the SpringBoard is empty, just like I had it when I had SummerBoard installed. However, Apps don't crash anymore.

4. Aaleck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Mine did... Everytime I was listening to music and went to safari music would stop... That could be other problems though, so I just restored and re-jail breaked... If it keeps doing it then i will at least have the peace of mind that its not summerboard

5. dKran macrumors member

same thing here, uninstalled summerboard because it wouldn't let me scroll for some reason, and now my background picture for when you unlock is the same for the apps pages. If i reinstall summerboard, will this fix it?

6. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

this might actually be what im looking for. Im looking for a solution to changing the background w/o using summerboard.

I experienced that same thing you guys w2ere talking about and i did a rejailbreak...

has anyone tried replaceing that file to see if it fixes it?

Arisian

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

8. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

can someone who has unistalled summerboard and whom STILL has the backgrounds showing send me there com.apple.springboard...

I think im close to figuring this out.

Arisian

9. adamsweeting macrumors regular

10. adamsweeting macrumors regular

I've been trying to reproduce this... but I haven't managed to do it so far.

When I do it, I don't get the wallpaper anymore. I really want this behaviour, as I hate the fact that SummerBoard keeps causing my apps to crash.

I've reverted back to Trip1PogoStick which sucks coz I want wallpaper!

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

When you UN-install SummerBoard from Installer.app it does NOT uninstall it. It only deletes the SMBPrefs.app from your app list. You must go in and MANUALLY uninstall it through FTPS. Man, imagine how many people are installing this thinking that since it was installed with Installer.app that they can uninstall it anytime without difficulty. Wrong. Might as well just install it manually... it's just as much work. The background stays on because SummerBoard framework is still running... just deleting the preferences editor doesn't actually remove SummerBoard.