Changing battery scheme on new macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by broadcast, May 1, 2010.

1. broadcast macrumors member

Are there any energy saving schemes on the new macbook pro?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1446

I can't seem to find the Longest or Better Battery Life from the Optimize Energy Settings pop-up menu. Did they take it out on the new macbook pros?

2. lordofuo macrumors regular

Well, a lot of the things the energy saving schemes would do is still accessible via the checkable options in the battery tab of the "Energy Saver" section of the system preferences.

3. broadcast thread starter macrumors member

Oh?

Sorry, I really don't know what the old settings were like, this is my first mac lol

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

There is no option to choose between the own "Better Battery Life", "Normal", and "Better Performance".

The only thing you can adjust is the display sleep, computer sleep, and checkbox settings. If you have the 15" and 17" you can also choose to turn off Automatic Graphics Switching which is default it to the GT330M (dedicated GPU).

5. broadcast thread starter macrumors member

Ah I see. I have my screen dimmed as much as I can while still being able to comfortably read what's on it, and my display sleep is 2 minutes. Everything else is checked off too. Hopefully that can save some power, I'd like to be able to take my computer to school on one of those long days without bringing my charger