Changing carrier logo with winterboard??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RolledUp20s, Jan 27, 2012.

1. RolledUp20s macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have winterboard which changed the cydia icon to the absinthe icon - so I know it's working..

I've downloaded a few carrier logos to winterboard but I can't get it to change, doing a respring aswel.

I have iPhone 4S 5.01 - carrier O2-UK

Do I need another mod/tweeker to change the status bar icons??

Thanks.

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

2 things. First, is your carrier mod tweak in winterboard at the very top of the list, ie above your theme?
    Second, your theme may be surpressing any changes. Go into winterboard, turn off the theme you are using and see if the carrier logo shows up after a respring.

3. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

I'm pretty sure that winterboarding carrier logos hasn't worked for a long time now?!

I had to change mine recently using the info below from - http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=836204

anDDi wrote:

FINALLY! I GOT IT!

Apparently iOS now makes copy of the carrier bundle folder it's using at the moment or something.
    I found my carrier bundle folder in :

/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles
    (and this isn't symlink to the folder in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles, this folder includes only your operators carrier.bundle)

I then replaced ALL the .pngs in that folder and added @2x extensions. (Default, FSO and TS) And this is all without replacing/editing any plists. So no need for the old carrier.plist. Then respring and vóila! I have my custom carrier logo and it also works in notification center.

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Not true. I have the att carrier logo installed just fine via winterboard.

5. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

My bad if that's the case but the rest of what I said is how to change it manually.

Also, have you tried any of the generic logo's, i.e one that isn't for someone that is already on at&t? I ask because I just tried a few logos from Cydia, none of which worked.

Please don't take this as me arguing with you, just interested, as I have always ssh'd my carrier logos - never through Winterboard, and never downloaded from Cydia! :)

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Using ssh or coding yourself via ifile is the preferred method, I agree. But for those that don't want to take the time or effort to mess with the code, winterboard is fine. Prior to ios5 it was a lot easier to find tweaks for signal, wifi and carrier tweaks. Now there is slim pickings, but that will change over time.

But yes, I agree that your method is better. Not easier, but better.

7. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Makes sense I suppose, have seen so many people confused with all the new file names etc..

And thanks for not taking that the wrong way, some people are only too quick to start an argument over nothing! :rolleyes:

8. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

No problem. I knew exactly what you were saying. I prefer coding for the most part, but sometimes I prefer to be lazy and let the tweak do the work for me. :D

9. RolledUp20s thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks guys, but as stated above - I'm the lazy type, or as I'm new to JB I don't want to go messing with files. Just downloading from cydia and editing in theme board for now :)

But ye, the new carrier file is in winterboard, ticked, respring etc.

I don't have a theme currently. I have used theme on dreamboard but just using the default springboard with apples own wallpaper. So
    Nothing should be affecting it...unless dreamboard is???

10. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Make sure the carrier logo/s you are trying to use are iOS 5 compatible. I think you might be using outdated/pre iOS 5 logos.

Also have you tried disabling Dreamboard and then setting the logo?

----------

Lol, lazy is my 'middle' name! :D

11. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

here is a simple and easy fix for iOS 5 carrier logos

http://cl.ly/DjVK <----download

everyone try this one:
    Above is a link to a MS tweak I made to get easy Carrier Logo switching to iOS. It works on Verizon and other Carriers that don't naturally have images to replace too.

(Does not work on iPods, sorry).

I've tested this on my Verizon iPhone 4, an AT&T iPhone, and iPad 3G. It will not work on iPad Wifi or iPod

Sorry to all who's carrier logos are included but did not receive credit. I was planning to ask for it but I decided not to release this on Cydia. (PM me if you have a problem with your inclusion. All logos included are from this forum)

Don't expect to get any updates for this or see it on Cydia.

Apply Themes/Logos in Settings->Zeppelin.
    Put themes in /Library/Zeppelin after installation. Check the pre-installed ones to see how it is done.

If anyone would like to make an icon for the settings table it is welcome.

anway just hit the thanks button if you find me useful..

credits to ~jihvg

12. Heifzilla macrumors newbie

Heifzilla

Doesn't see user added themes

I'm using this and it works great...with the pre-installed images. I have tried adding my own png files but the app will not recognize them, even though they are in the correct directory. Help? :confused:

Thanks for the cool app :)

Heif

13. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I had the 'illest' carrier logo working for a few weeks with Winterboard. Although it'd only show up in some places, usually not in apps though. Anyways, this morning it wasn't there anymore? Any advice?

14. ahhboi macrumors regular

Encounter this issue with my ipad2 also and i solve it.
    Seems like ipad2 is using the 3 .png files while ip4 and ip4s is using the 3 @2x.png files.
    So the best is to have all 6.

15. Heifzilla macrumors newbie

Heifzilla

Yes, I do have both .png and @2x.png files. Still not seeing them. But thank you for the reply :)

16. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

make sure you have the files named in the same fashion as the ones that come with the app

17. Heifzilla macrumors newbie

Heifzilla

I do. I checked to make sure they are in the same naming fashion as the ones already in the library.

Heif