Resolved Changing Chrome's Icon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by I Cant Remember, Jul 27, 2012.

1. I Cant Remember, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

I Cant Remember macrumors newbie

I am having problems changing Google Chrome's icon (for IOS, of course). The problem seems to be that there is no known icon file for the app. At least, this is according to AppInfo (an app on Cydia which displays plenty of information about the app you selected). It does display the Bundle Identifier as com.google.chrome.ios, however.

Anyone know how to change its icon?

2. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

3. I Cant Remember thread starter macrumors newbie

It's pretty fantastic :)
    It's quick, just as its PC/Mac counterpart, and likewise, it has many features. It quickly became my main browser.
    Only complaint is that many features are stuck in one pull-down menu, which makes using the app feel a bit clunky, that is until I get used to it :p

4. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

wow this is very cool! Thanks for the tip! I love chrome. One question: why aren't my current open tabs not showing up? Do I have to restart chrome on my mac?

5. I Cant Remember thread starter macrumors newbie

6. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Is there a link to sync or anything? Also is there a way to make chrome my main browser on ipad so links open in chrome instead of safari? Thanks!

----------

My bookmarks all synced nicely but when i go to other devices theres nothing there and im signed into chrome on both my mac and ipad

7. I Cant Remember thread starter macrumors newbie

Assuming your iPad is jailbroken, head to Cydia and download browser changer. Then go to your settings, find it, then select Chrome.

On a more relavent note, has anyone figured out how to change Chrome's icon non-summerboard-ly?

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I just had a look at a theme I'm using (ayecon) and it has the icon labelled Icon@2x.png and placed in themename/Bundles/com.google.chrome.ios and it works fine. I'm on 5.1.1.

Are you using WinterBoard or trying to change it yourself manually?

9. I Cant Remember thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to use a bundles folder to change it (is this considered winterboard?). I've created a folder named com.google.chrome.ios and I have an Icon@2x.png inside the folder, but the icon refuses to change after respringing.

----------

Well, after reinstalling the app, it seems to have changed. I must've done something previously to it. Thanks for the help :)