changing color of text bubbles

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Italianblend, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to change the color of the Blue imessage and green text message colors? It's getting a bit old looking at these two colors for many years now.

Thanks!

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's not something that can be done with the options that exist. The colors have particular meaning associated with them so it's likely that Apple wouldn't want people to be able to customize that given that it would jeopardize that system.

4. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Yes well blue for an iMessage and green for a text message. It isn't rocket science. What if I want orange for iMessage and yellow for text? I think my brain can handle the switch. Is that the only reason Apple doesn't want us to customize?

5. Julien, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple tries to keep the experience as consistent and as simple as possible. For the average user the settings and options are already almost overwhelming. If Apple was to offer you a choice of colors then someone else would want to change the icon color and someone else change the font and etc. Their desire and logic would be just as founded as yours.

6. white4s macrumors 65816

download message customizer when the jailbreak comes out

7. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

This... This... This IS Android....

8. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Don't you think "stickers" in the messaging app is a sign that apple is bending to the customization route - albeit slowly and dictatorship-ly?

I mean, look at this picture - this isn't nearly as bad as it can get. If apple is worried about their image.

Attached Files:

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apple recognizes market trends. People spend a lot of their time in messaging apps so in order for Apple to entice users to use the Apple messages app they are adding features that are present in other messaging apps like stickers, animations, etc.

10. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

They pretend they understand market trends. The attempt with ios 10 messages is pretty pathetic - childish nonsense really.If they really wanted to follow trends - they would be up with dual sim phones, more customization options, (if you don't want to customize, then don't), opening up the API for casting using custom protocols, etc

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I guess that explains way Apple has only been able to sell a little over 1,000,000,000 iPhones.:D

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Except that the vast majority of typical users won't care much about most of that while many will care at least to a more noticeable degree about something like the messaging changes that were made. Whether it's good or bad or whatnot, that's more or less the basic reality.

13. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

That's a weak argument - they have a good business. doesn't mean they necessarily do everything right.

14. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

You forgot a zero.

15. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

How much of the majority customizes the notifications for their apps? how much of the majority even knows there is a spirit level within the compass app? How much of the majority knows that there is a scientific mode to the calculator?

I would guess not much - but still, those things exist don't they. So then, why can't others?

16. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I wish I could be that "weak" and sell 1,000,000,000 anythings.:D
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    Pulled 750,000,000 off the top of my head and did a search and found it was over 1B. Tried to edit my post too quickly. ;)

17. C DM macrumors Westmere

They can happen if Apple wants to add them. But as you yourself pointed out about those things you mentioned--many don't even know about them, let alone use or care about them. Meaning in the context of creating something that would attract and appeal to the typical majority they aren't the things Apple would want to focus on (as opposed to something like the messaging changes they've made).

18. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

fair enough. so just like some small team created things like spirit level, a small team could create options to customize ios further. Apple needn't advertise it at all. some geeks will find it, it'll be published on cnet, wired, and 100 people in the world will use it. Apple loses nothing, just like it loses nothing for creating the above mentioned app features.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016 ---
    Dude... Blackberry was the King of smartphone good times... does it mean they did things right everytime? no. today, they hardly exist.

19. rnj79 macrumors regular

rnj79

20. crewpride macrumors member

I could have sworn that in one of the new iphone 7 commercials they showed text bubbles that seemed to look like a greenish blue, in addition to the normal blue imessage bubbles. But maybe I was imagining things.

21. 2015Girl macrumors 6502

2015Girl

If ya don't like it then go get an android!!!

22. white4s macrumors 65816

yep the whole words turning into emojiis in messages is pretty stupid & kiddy type

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

In the end it's up to the user to use or not to use things like that.

24. white4s macrumors 65816

they should be focusing more on letting us customize and not childish, pointless ideas.

25. C DM macrumors Westmere