Changing Computer for sync

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LastLine, Dec 12, 2007.

1. LastLine macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

Is there a way to transfer my address book and calender from one computer to another? I've decided I'd rather sync with my laptop than desktop but don't want to have to transfer everything manually.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

If you are talking about hooking up your iphone to another computer running itunes, just authorize that computer and all your info from your iphone will be tranfered from your phone to your calendar and address book on first sync. This is what I did when I got a new macbook. Nothing was deleted from my phone. You just might get a bunch of annoying pop-ups asking you what to do.

3. LastLine thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

oh that simple? I had fears of the MacBook overriding the iPhone. Cool.

4. rayward macrumors 65832

Ah, excellent. I am about to complete my move to Mac from PC, and this will greatly assist that process.