Changing country and keeping my apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by rayjay86, Nov 18, 2013.

1. rayjay86 macrumors 6502

I should start this by saying I know how to change the country for my iTunes account. That's not my question.

I recently relocated to Australia from Canada. I have a Canadian account and had to open an Australian one so I could use Aus-specific apps like the apps for mobile phone providers but other than that I still do all my downloading on my Canadian account since I've still got bank accounts in Canada.

If I switch everything to Australia, will I still be able to download/update/carry-over the apps that I had on my Canadian account? I'll be using the same email address but changing the billing info to AU. I realize that some Canadian-specific apps may not carry over, that's fine. But games, etc. that are global and travel apps like expedia (I know its free, but for example), will they carry-over with my address change or do I have to purchase them all over again?

2. mactavish2k8 macrumors newbie

You'll need to purchase all the applications all over again. None of the purchases transfer across countries.

You'll get by most of the time.

The best alternative is to have apps from both countries on the same device so you have the best of both worlds. It's more of a hassle but you don't lose apps this way (or money)