changing country in Tunes account + gift card

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iphonik4, Sep 10, 2011.

1. iphonik4 macrumors newbie

Hi! I have a question... I have an iTunes UK account with some money in it (using the iTunes Gift card that was valid only for the UK store) and now I need to change country in this account to the US... The question is: will the credit in GPB stay in my account (of course only change to dollars)?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I don't think you can change it to the US store when you first sign up in the UK store! That's why I have 3 different iTunes account for each country I live to or want to get that specific app for that country.

3. iphonik4 thread starter macrumors newbie

:( the account was originally US, but then I bought many gift cads in the UK apple store so in order to redeem I have changed the account to the UK store but now I have found out that that I cannot update my apps bought on the US store :( see

4. gohoomoa macrumors newbie

gohoomoa

Yes you can, once you change the country to us store you can update all softwares like you purchased it from US store, but you have to use the same email address.
    Only two things that i know you can't do here. 1- review the purchased applications and enter comments. 2- use gift cards from other stores.

5. iphonik4 thread starter macrumors newbie

nope! :( I am using the same account! (the same mail) but I cannot update them! :( see the link I have posted above!:( when I "check for updates" it will show me the number of not updated apps, but when I want to see them and update, I can see this:
    [​IMG]
    And as I said according to the apple forum I am not the only one who is having this problem...

And yep it would be possible if I change the store but then I would lost the money from the gift cards :(

6. DaniLichti macrumors newbie

US Gift Cards

On this site, you can buy US iTunes Gift Cards!! The Code will be sent via e-mail. They are 100% reliable :)