Changing cydia authentication method

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Peterg2, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

Normally I authenticate when making Cydia payments via facebook. Now there is an error in authenticating via this method and was thinking of doing this via my google account. My question is, if I change authentication to make a purchase will that purchase forever be linked to google? Would I in effect have my purchases split over facebook and google?

2. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

yes! since when you get a new device, in order for you to get your pkgs back is to access the manage account section in cydia, and enter your method of authentication.

3. Peterg2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reply. Since I first posted, I still get an error on pushing the facebook authentication button "This page contains the following errors...error on line 2...".

What I am wondering is that since I cannot use facebook, which I have always used for authentication, for this one app I will use google. Does that mean that henceforth in order to get my apps back for whatever reason I will have to use facebook for all my apps, barring one and then for the other app I have to use google? It is not the end of the world but I would prefer to have to only authenticate with one or the other.

4. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

like i said yes! whatever you bought using Facebook option as authentication will be forever linked to that. but don't worry you might be able to use Facebook again at a later time or after a restore.