Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Callumbear845

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2011
I am looking to get my first iPhone soon, but I am concerned with the data plan. I don't really know how much data I will need. Does anyone know if I would be allowed to switch from the 200MB plan to the 2GB plan between billing cycles without disrupting my two year contract? I cant seem to find any other threads with this question, but I know they must be out there. I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
yeah u can bounce around different plans while in your contract.

This.

Plus, they make it dead simple by providing an app in the app store that allows you to change features of your plan. You can essentially change data plans anytime you want.

Trauma1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
200mb is nothing.
Start with the 2GB and see how your usage is.

Exactly.

Being charged for going over 200MB is much worse than overpaying for 2GB. So start with that. And there are several ways on checking your data usage. Depending on your carrier, you can see it on your monthly bill, on your online account management page (webpage and app versions), or by dialing *DATA# on the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.