Changing default Icons, Leopard vs Snow Leopard.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrzis, Oct 25, 2009.

1. chrzis macrumors newbie

chrzis

I am currently running 10.5.8, and I have changed my default icons. I love this feature, and this web page will show you how to do it.

http://www.usingmac.com/2008/2/2/leopard-change-default-icon

I am about to upgrade to Snow Leopard soon, and I am wondering if anyone else knows if it will still work? I quite like my 'glass icons' as my defaults.

2. chrzis thread starter macrumors newbie

chrzis

No, I'm referring to default icons. This means that if I want ALL my folders to change icons, I can do it once in the System folder. This will change ALL my folder icons. etc... The article in my 1st post explains it.

Has anybody else done this? Or has everyone gone to the trouble of changing them all one by one?!?:)

3. chrzis thread starter macrumors newbie

chrzis

I have had some people write to me about 'CandyBar.'

I have no intention of spending $29 when I can do it myself in a few minutes. Anybody with Snow Leopard know more?

4. chrzis thread starter macrumors newbie

chrzis

Well, 10.6.2 was released, so I upgraded. I also changed my icons once again as described in the article above.

So far, all has worked well! Same as Leopard.

5. PatLTTI macrumors newbie

PatLTTI

Well, I have used CandyBar, its a bit expensive, but it is a really nice app. It will not only change your system icons, but individual as you choose, it has support for changing dock icons as well. And CandyBar works well with SL.

6. billib macrumors member

billib

LiteIcon

I've used "LiteIcon" and its almost as good as CandyBar but free. It doesn't change as many Icons as CandyBar but almost. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/24764

I've read somewhere not to use it with Snow Leopard but like I said it works almost as well as CandyBar. A few of the System Icons don't change in Snow Leopard but that's ok for now.