Changing email on iTunes Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 925AS, Jul 21, 2007.

1. 925AS macrumors member

Is there any way to change my email address on the iTunes store?

I have my .mac account, but I am not going to renew and wanted to know if I could change my email address. I went to my account and tried to edit it, but the email/apple ID is locked.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

In the iTunes store, there's a button on the upper right corner, just underneath the Search iTunes Store field. That button should be your Apple ID/e-mail address. Clicking it should take you to a page that allows you to edit your account information.

Edit: What do you mean that the e-mail/apple ID "is locked" ?

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You can change your email address at http://myinfo.apple.com

Don't worry about the old .Mac address staying there, it's yours to keep as an Apple ID and iChat username, even if you let your .Mac subscription expire.

4. 925AS thread starter macrumors member

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Incredible. I just changed my iTunes email address 10 minutes ago! :eek:

I had no difficulty with doing it from inside iTunes, it seemed intuitive enough.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i found this out too late. i have about 100 songs or so i purchased with my .mac email, and i let my .mac account expire before changing email on the address. i created a new itunes account with my gmail address, and i don't think i can merge the two. or am i wrong here? :confused:

7. FreedomCoach macrumors newbie

Can't Authorize my songs

Hi Everyone:

My old email address and itunes ID is breakthroughcoaching@mac.com but my new email address is howard@breakthroughcoaching.cc. I changed the email address with apple but it is still not allowing me to authorize my iTunes songs. How can I fix this?

Sincerely,
    Howard