Changing emails. Need advice.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ghall, May 17, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Okay, so I'm changing emails (too much spam, and I'm sick of having to use Microsoft Entourage), and I need some advice.

One major thing is how will the address change affect my Apple ID? That's really the only thing I'm concerned about, since my laptop is regestered under my old email, and I have a few hundred dollars worth of iTunes purchases under that email as well. If I change my email with Apple, will everything transfer?

Any other advice would be appreciated as well.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Yes, you can change your apple ID, although I remember when I did it I had to search for a while to find the right webpage for me to do so.

3. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I think I figured it out. I can log into the Apple online store, the Apple Developer Connection, and the iTunes Store with the new email now. Pretty amazing. Hopefully I'll have my new email up and running by tomorrow night. :)

Well, thanks for the help. Any more advice from anyone else who has switched emails before, would be really helpful. Any dos and don'ts? Any random tips?

4. kurzz macrumors 6502

kurzz

It would helpful to others also if you posted how you figured it out - for future reference. ;)

5. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Well, I just changed my Apple developers connection ID, and it changed everything (including iTunes). Maybe that's why the info on the songs didn't change.