Changing Facebook password in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by parish, Aug 31, 2009.

1. parish macrumors 65816

parish

OS X 10.5.8, iPhoto 8.1

Since creating and uploading albums to Facebook I have changed my Facebook password. Now, whenever I tell iPhoto to Check Now any of my albums I get an error about not being able to authenticate with the server and to check my login and password details.

OK, fair enough, I know I need to do this - but how???? :confused:

The only place can find to enter/edit my Facebook account details is when I publish, but I don't want to publish any new photos. Surely there must be another way to do this?

Any ideas anyone?

2. fairy.sue macrumors newbie

Parish Help!!

So, i was looking for the same answer yesterday on.... everywhere really...
    and i still haven't found an answer...
    but it is good to know tha someone out there faces the same problem...
    Hope to figure it out soon

3. parish thread starter macrumors 65816

parish

Well, I've found a workround.

Select a photo - any photo - in your iPhoto Library, then click the Facebook button at the bottom of the window. This brings up a Facebook login dialogue. Enter your username (mine was already filled in) and password and click Login.

When the Publish dialogue appears, click Cancel.

Now when you Option-click (right-click) and existing Facebook album and select Check Now it works. On one of them I still got the Server Auth error, but when I dismissed that it worked correctly.

Whether this survives across exiting/restarting iPhoto - or a reboot - remains to be seen.

I'm sure this is a bug as the workround is so kludgy and un-Apple-like.

One thing, I maintain albums for two Facebook accounts (mine and my gf) so maybe that has something to do with it?

HTH.