Changing folder images on dock

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zanzibar321, Jun 12, 2010.

1. zanzibar321 macrumors newbie

I have a folder specifically for school, and I wanted to change the default icon from a folder to the school logo. I did this in finder by going to info and pasting the picture, so now it shows up as the logo instead of the typical folder icon. However, when I put the folder on the dock, it shows the folder icon on the dock? Any way to fix this?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Is that folder icon possibly a picture of a folder inside? Right click that folder and choose "Display as: Folder" instead of Stack.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Forgot Matthew's method.
    :)

Save the image in your directory and rename it so that it appears as the first item if sorted alphabetically, and then select STACK as DISPLAY AS option by right clicking on the folder icon in the Dock.

Maybe MRoogle can also help you.

4. zanzibar321 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah, but that will only work as long as the first item (alphabetically only, no matter how the contents are sorted, I think) has the desired logo. So make sure not to name anything else in there something that will come before the one with the icon you want displayed.

6. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

No. You're referring to a different issue/solution. The issue you're talking about is when the dock is in "Display as Stacks" mode. That's not what the OP wants. He wants the custom folder icon to be displayed in the dock not the contents of the folder.

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603