Changing Folder Images that you add to the dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Potential4Evil, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Potential4Evil, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011

Potential4Evil macrumors newbie

Potential4Evil

I dont like the little blue folders and even if it is only just changing the color id appreciate some guidance! ^_^

edit:
    [​IMG]
    thats the folders im referring to. This being my drawing reference folder by my trash can. So ik the method of get info and copy paste doesnt work.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

To me, your user name perfectly sums up the risk of messing with your Dock. There are all kinds of threads on this forum from (usually novice) users who run into big headaches from doing what you propose to do. If you were an expert user, you wouldn't be asking this, you'd know what to do and what not to do.

3. Potential4Evil thread starter macrumors newbie

Potential4Evil

and that is a very egotistical jackass response. Now if you didnt have an answer why did you reply? I simply wanted to know if it was possible.

4. wal9000 macrumors member

Check out CandyBar. It's not particularly cheap, but it does what you want, and Panic's a great company.

5. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Here is a nice place to start to learn about this. There are apps available (not free IIRC) that will allow for quite a bit of customization. But all (edit: well, not all, but a lot) of it can be done for free with enough research and time.

Have fun! I spent hours upon hours playing around with this when I first switched from Windows to Mac. :)