changing font

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mjfan82, Jun 13, 2011.

1. mjfan82 macrumors regular

I hope I have a rather simple question: how do I change the font size, style, and color?? I have bytafont but that doesn't let you change the size, color...etc. Thanks in advance.

2. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

"SB Font Colorizer Themes" changes the color of your springboard fonts.

3. mjfan82 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks tiger. the only other thing i need now is manipulating the size of the font.

4. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

No problem:D I'll see what else I can find for changing font size.

5. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

I didn't see anything in Cydia for changing font size but I did come across this while searching.

Assuming your JB'd, create a folder (named something like Small Labels.theme) -- create a file named Info.plist and put this in the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>UndockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>font-size: 10px; color: #e2e5e2</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Change the value of "font-size" to your liking and then add the folder to the Themes folder on the iPhone and then activate "Small Labels" in Winterboard.

I got this info from someone else and it worked for me. Hope it helps someone.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

TigerBabe's correct--the info.plist is the way to go, though you'll either need to have one in a "master" theme that's always activated and above everything else in Winterboard, or to add a plist to each springboard theme you use. Many widget makers add them to their widgets, so keep an eye out when you install a new one as they may override your setup. I always check plists before installing a new theme.

If you have your docked icons labeled you'll need to add code for those as well, the plist provided above will only covered the undocked ones. Code for docked labels is:

Code:
    <key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    You can also change the calendar icon text with this. For example, this is one that was included with one of my widgets from a designer here on this forum:

Code:
    <key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>color: rgba(0,0,0,0.75); padding-right: 1; font-size: 25;</string>
    <key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>color: Transparent</string>
    IIRC, it shrank the date text, and the "transparent" color made the day at the top of the icon disappear completely.

And for anyone not familiar with it, the color code in the plist TigerBabe provided above is a Hex Code. This is an easy tool to find the colors you want.

7. mjfan82 thread starter macrumors regular