Changing from 16GB To 32GB why so hard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by labman, Jun 11, 2009.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well I have made several call too AT&T trying to convert my online order from the 16GB to the 32GB seems that this is impossible. just doesn't seem it should be that difficult before a Item is shipped. I am told once a order is sent to the warehouse which takes 15 min they say there is no order canceling. any other company I have worked with it's not that difficult. Seems AT&T needs to works on customer polices according to the supervisor this is the best way to get what I want.

1. Wait for the 16GB white to arrive hopefully the 19th cost $199
    2. Take phone to AT&T store return it buy the 32 GB Black if they have it in stock. $299
    3. AT&T store sends it back to the warehouse and after about two weeks I get my $199 back.

2. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

Spoke to them again

I started thinking Call my bank tell them to refuse the charge from AT&T order from Apple. AT&T of course says I can't do that! new info from another rep says I must refuse the 16gb wait for it too return to the center and they refund the order and then order the 32GB of course this will mean wait too weeks geesh I am not sure I want to even renew my AT&T contract now.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

4. The General macrumors 601

If we can put a man on the moon and bring him safely back to Earth, then surely 40 years after that it is possible to cancel a pre-order.

5. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

The fact that people still use this as an argument still baffles me to this day.

6. mikejfrd macrumors regular

Yeah I pre-ordered mine from an att store, and they cant change the order either. He said just come in on the release day and we'll exchange it then for a 32gig. That actually makes sense if it actually works.

7. The General macrumors 601

Why does it baffle you?

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

That's weird because I'm able to cancel my pre-order on Apple's store. Just sounds like AT&T would rather be lazy and not make room for exceptions than have to deal with it. Exact thing happened to me when I tried to cancel my gym membership early because they said their system closed for two weeks for billing. After much fighting back and forth it ended in "We don't typically do this but we will..."

9. Waffle Stomping macrumors newbie

I preordered the 16GB on the 9th but after nights having nightmares of seeing the error message in iTunes saying my beloved was full I soon jumped on the computer to change my order. Finding the information I needed on the AT&T website was almost as bad as being stuck with AT&T. I called and spoke to a CSR that was very nice and was able to cancel my old order and order me the 32GB one. It took about 5 min. I don't know why they wouldn't do it for you.
    Oh and also, they still havent refunded me for the 16GB so right now i'm charged for both.

Attached Files:

• pre.jpg
      pre.jpg
      File size:
      46.5 KB
      Views:
  10. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

Hasn't worked for me

I know it's nuts but I ordered the 32GB from Apple now I plan to refuse the AT&T phone not sure how it will all work out but it's just DUMB IMO. I have spoken to a CSR, Supervisors, been to my local store etc etc. talked to maybe 6-7 reps got several answers. at this point I rather get my phone from Apple direct any way.

11. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I am baffled as to why it baffles him.

12. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Well if you ordered the 32G from Apple, why don't you just accept the one form at&t, then return it that day or Saturday. You would get your money back quicker.

13. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

well

Again according to several AT&T reps including the ASST manager at the AT&T store online orders must be sent back to the warehouse for refunds to be processed. So if all goes well Fedex shows up with the Apple Box and the AT&T box and I say give me the Apple Please and here take the AT&T one back! :p

14. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Well if thats really the case you should keep checking that your return "don't get lost". With all the sending out of iphones, it could seat in there warehouse for a couple of weeks before they even process your return.

15. bjquach macrumors 6502

Option 2 works well. I did that once at Apple. Take the lower capacity and pay the difference to get the higher capacity.

16. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

Lol

AT&T will not allow option two phone must be returned back to AT&T before I can buy the other one at least that's what I get after talking to about 10 reps about 6 stories. They start by saying I see you called a few times. yes because some get helped some don't :rolleyes:

17. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

As I'm typing this, I am calling Apple and trying to change the iPhone 3GS i ordered from white to black. I like the black one better now. Hopefully they will be able to do it. I'm on hold.. :/

18. B.A. macrumors regular

I work in a call center. Not always the best route...

19. Noelmel macrumors regular

lol i was gonna try to do the opposite change the black to the white. but i didnt wanna mess up the delivery date or the credit card charge so i decided to live with it im gonna get a case anyways

20. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

well

Apple is easy to work with so you should have NP. AT&T on the other hand Forget about it! :rolleyes:

21. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Making up your mind... Why so hard?!

Seriously... why couldn't you figure out what you REALLY wanted before you ordered in what seems to be a fairly important purchase??

22. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

Sorry

in my next life I will try to be as perfect as you! apparently I am not the only one that had 2nd thoughts after ordering! happens all the time to people I usually do a good job on research this time I screwed up. stuff happens and who would have though changing ones mind would be so tough. you never bought anything for a couple hundred bucks and went opps! should bought this model instead. :rolleyes:

23. navigates macrumors 6502a

don't worry, it will all work out. when you get it. Return it unopened to the store and get the 32gb. IMO I have the 16gb and always have a contention on the fact that I could have settled with 8 gb. I never use all that memory.

Next year round we'll be discussing the iphone 4g