Changing highlight color in Preview and Acrobat

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ouankou, Jan 19, 2012.

1. ouankou macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2011
    Erlangen, Germany
    Hello everyone,
    I use both Preview in Lion and acrobat X to read and comment the papers in PDF. Preview is much greater in smooth scrolling and running speed. But I met a serious problem when highlighted texts.
    For example, I selected one sentence in preview and highlight it with pure yellow color. Then I opened the same file with preview, or on another PC with adobe reader, and made some highlights. I did it several times everyday. Then I suddenly noticed the highlight color changed little by little! As I said, I used pure yellow originally and made some changes with another program. When I open it with preview again, the gold yellow color was likely mixed with a little brown and went lighter. When I repeated these operations again and again, the yellow went to be very light brown until can be hardly seen.
    Now though I prefer preview very much, I have to use acrobat only to make sure the highlights can be shown properly everywhere.
    I am not sure if I describe the problem clearly with my poor English. But does anyone know what is wrong with these two programs? Is there any program setting I missed?
    Any help will be appreciated!
  2. szolr macrumors 6502

Jul 27, 2011
    London, UK
    This sounds really strange; I can't imagine what the issue is here. :(