Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cartoongeorge96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
Thank You old-wiz and itickings, so 3 years, then if somthing goes wrong you have to pay apple. Although i suppose if its out of warrenty you could open yourself, maybe not. Thank You Again

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
Thank You old-wiz and itickings, so 3 years, then if somthing goes wrong you have to pay apple. Although i suppose if its out of warrenty you could open yourself, maybe not. Thank You Again

Generally by that time there will be detailed teardown guides, so you generally can, with a little skill, replace most of the parts internally on the laptops (iFixit tends to create the guides, and their generally good quality, and the difficulty indicators are accurate). However by then its generally preferable to purchase a new machine if it breaks.

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?
There is no way to extend the warranty beyond 3 years. The original warranty covers one year and the AppleCare covers an additional 2 years. After that you are out of warranty and coverage.

this is new for me...
can you buy another Apple Care after the 3 year period? so its 5 years?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.