Changing icons

joey4127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
280
0
I download new icons. I have a folder with all the icons there. How do I use them now?
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,922
169
Look in Apple-Help.
(Apple-?)

Many of the answers to your never-ending questions can be found there.
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,922
169
joey4127 said:
Isn't this forum supposed to help me? Answere my questions?
It's not only for that but yes.
Except many of the questions that you ask can be answered by accessing Apple-Help or can be found just by Googling or searching on the forums.

I personally find it tiresome when it becomes obvious that the poster has put in no effort to find the answer themselves, especially when the answers are ready at hand.

Read the manual. :)
 

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
1,613
0
joey4127 said:
Isn't this forum supposed to help me? Answere my questions?
also a few manners wouldnt do any harm. have you ever heard the saying dont bite the hand that feeds you?
 

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,199
5
Adelaide, Australia
I agree with everyone that this is probably an answer you might find yourself and a please definitely wouldn't go astray but for the record:

Type APPLE-I on the icon, select it from the general pane, copy it.
Type APPLE-I on the file/app you want the icon to have, select the icon in the general pane, paste it. :)

I'm pretty sure that's how it's done.
 

joey4127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
280
0
russed said:
also a few manners wouldnt do any harm. have you ever heard the saying dont bite the hand that feeds you?
I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry. But I'm really really new to Macs, i just got my mac mini a couple of weeks ago and i can't use half of it. I'v been trying to get help with Icons for 2 weeks and can't get any.

Sorry again.
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,922
169
joey4127 said:
I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry. But I'm really really new to Macs, i just got my mac mini a couple of weeks ago and i can't use half of it. I'v been trying to get help with Icons for 2 weeks and can't get any.

Sorry again.

Aaah god. I feel like such a meanie now...

I really really recommend you buy a good book like:

OSX The Missing Manual (Panther Edition) by David Pogue

You will find it very useful and will learn a lot more from it in these early stages of your Mac experience than posting here. It's got lots of tips and is worth every penny...
 

joey4127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
280
0
Blue Velvet said:
Aaah god. I feel like such a meanie now...

I really really recommend you buy a good book like:

OSX The Missing Manual (Panther Edition) by David Pogue

You will find it very useful and will learn a lot more from it in these early stages of your Mac experience than posting here. It's got lots of tips and is worth every penny...
Ok, thanks for the suggestion.

I have just figured out the icon problem. :eek: :eek: :eek:
 

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,922
169
joey4127 said:
Ok, thanks for the suggestion.

But do you think you couls just tell me how to use my icon? I have a folder on my desktop with all of them. Thanks.
Post number 6 by mad jew explains it pretty well.
 

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,199
5
Adelaide, Australia
joey4127 said:
Ok, thanks for the suggestion.

But do you think you couls just tell me how to use my icon? I have a folder on my desktop with all of them. Thanks.
Have you tried my method? Didn't it work for you? I'll try to come up with an alternative.

Oh, and by the way, don't bother buying a book to tell you all the hints for OSX. Feel free to ask us nicely and we'll usually try to reply promptly if we're not in a bad mood. ;)
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.