CandyBar (universal), iThemeOS (universal), or ShapeShifter (PPC only for now)Philberttheduck said:anyone want to help me on changing the Finder icon?
If you used the Get Info trick above, all you need to do is get info again, click on the icon, and press the delete key to restore the default.novicew said:Once you change the icon, is it possible to reset it back to the original?
1. Log into an admin account.Philberttheduck said:anyone want to help me on changing the Finder icon?
Thanks alot. Only thing is, I don't know where to "repair permissions".Mitthrawnuruodo said:1. Log into an admin account.
2. Navigate to System -> Library -> Core Services -> Dock.app.
3. Back-up Dock.app.
4. Right-/ctrl-click Dock.app, choose Show Package Contents.
5. Navigate into Contents -> Resources.
6. Replace the file finder.png with the new file, with the exact same name (remember that they are case-sensitive), you should be asked for your admin password to do this.
7. Repair permissions (this is actually one of those things that mess them up ).
8. Relaunch Dock (or log out and back in) and you should be done.
View attachment 58328