Changing iDisk icon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RussOniPhone, Jul 14, 2008.

1. RussOniPhone macrumors member

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

do you mean how do you change the new iDisk icon to a different one? as in thats your screenshot. or how do you change the iDisk icon to this icon? as in thats someone elses screenshot.

if the first change the iDisk icon in /System/Library/CoreServices/AOS.bundle/Contents/Resources and /System/LibraryCoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources.

if the later open Software Update and install the MobileMe 1.1 update.

3. RussOniPhone thread starter macrumors member

Change the new iDisk icon

Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't make it clearer I don't like the pink icon for the iDisk update, where is the old one. I know it sounds dumb, but it throws off my whole desktop color scheme. I am new to the OS so your great directions would be appreciated. I look it up on Google but the copy paste doesn't work the way I am doing it.

4. magid macrumors 6502

magid

If iDisk is like every other icon then do :apple:i click on the picture of the icon, :apple:x to cut the picture out. Then on the picture of the new icon :apple:c and then go back to the iDisk icon, click and press :apple:v to paste the new one. Hope that helps.

5. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

If you like changing your icons around, check out Candybar, it saves digging through your folders to change the icon, and makes it easier to switch back than using the old cut and paste through "get info" method.

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Russ have a look at this thread. one of the members created blue iDisk icons :)