Changing ip address with software ir console code

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lemonlimetime, Oct 9, 2008.

1. lemonlimetime macrumors newbie

I have searched around how to change my ip address. I really don't want to use torproject, it isn't very user friendly and it doesn't work "right out the box". On my pc (i know ew) I use a program called "hide-my-ip" there is also one called "netconceal" just 1 click and it will change your ip. Is there anything like this for my mac? I have a macbook with leapard. I am looking for something that can change my ip quickly to a random us ip address. Or maybe something like an anonymizer that will hide my ip with a fake one. And not just 1 ip, I am looking for something i can change whenever I like to as many as i choose. changemac or macdaddyx won't work for me because I am not directly connected to an ethernet, im connected to a belkin router. I don't have dsl, so no I can't just unplugg and replug. I have a cable modem that is comcast I can't just turn off and then back on. Now I am sure I will get some cheeky comments back saying "what are you doing that you need this", so I will get this out of the way now, I am a webmaster affiliate for some sites and im just a lil girl who is peddling some pr0n and other adult things, don't judge ;) So when I post on sites, like classified ad sites you can only be allowed to post so many per IP, until eventually the ip is banned after posting for several days in a row. Yes I am a blackhat seo, don't judge cuz im a mac addict first :) So any help for me? or do I have to use my stupid dreaded pc i abhor. Perhaps anyone know the console commands to change ip?

Thanks in advance for any help out there

2. lemonlimetime thread starter macrumors newbie

very sad at the lack of response on this. i wanted to add that i tried tor since i had no responses, and craigslist just ghosted my ads, since the ips are not from the usa. so now i guess another question is how to keep tor with american ips only?

I am pretty dissappointed that no one knows the commands to type into the console to release and reset the ip......
    no one here knows linux using unix commands huh? (trying to find my old net admin books from college years ago) ughh