Changing iTunes Store User on ipt..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Arisian, May 13, 2008.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Hey guys,

This is something I have been wondering for quiet a while. I recently was overseas and charged my ipod on several different people's computers. Of course you all know, if it is recognized by iTunes at that time, it will assume that you are wanting to buy things from that user account on your iPod Touch even if you arent that person in the future.

I know its a simple matter of getting to a computer with my info on it, but for whatever reason I haven't sync'd it lately and now am wanting to buy an album off the itunes store at work without a usable version of itunes in sight.

Does anyone have an idea of know of a way to change the user in the itunes store on the touch? I apologize if this has been answered before.

Thanks guys,
    Arisian

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I would of gone with get to your pc and login to iTunes store with the new user details, I guess in work if you have a usb wire for the touch you could tell iTunes to cancel on the erase and sync, then go to the iTunes store and login with new login and then sync, it should then just sync whats in iTunes in that sense whilst keeping the music in tact?

3. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

unfortunately I dont have Admin rights to the machine im working on, thus... no itunes on le machine. If you could imagine every machine in a building of 800 people using the internet all day long on itunes, that wouldn't be any fun for the server admins.

thanks for the reply