Changing iTunes Store User on ipt..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Arisian, May 13, 2008.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Hey guys,

This is something I have been wondering for quiet a while. I recently was overseas and charged my ipod on several different people's computers. Of course you all know, if it is recognized by iTunes at that time, it will assume that you are wanting to buy things from that user account on your iPod Touch even if you arent that person in the future.

I know its a simple matter of getting to a computer with my info on it, but for whatever reason I haven't sync'd it lately and now am wanting to buy an album off the itunes store at work without a usable version of itunes in sight.

Does anyone have an idea of know of a way to change the user in the itunes store on the touch? I apologize if this has been answered before.

Thanks guys,
    Arisian

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

The Wifi iTunes Music Store works by identifying the account you were last signed into, on your PC/Mac, and using that account to buy music wirelessly. If you need to use another user's iTunes account, or want to switch users, simply dock your iPod, sign into the the iTunes account you wish to use, hit 'sync', eject, and enjoy buying music wirelessly! :)

R-Fly

3. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

I'm at work and lack admin rights to the machine I'm on. I realize I could just re-sync it with itunes, however, I can't install it. I thought I mentioned that in the Orig. post... guess not. Any other sollutions?

Arisian

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Then the answer to your question is, it's not possible, sorry.

R-Fly

5. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian