Changing LTE font in status bar to match BytaFont preference

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mljchm101, Aug 4, 2015.

1. mljchm101 macrumors newbie

Hello... I'm new to JB. Using a custom font offered by BytaFont 2. For some reason, the "LTE" text in my status bar is not reflecting the font I'm using. Would anyone know a workaround that in iOS 8.4?

Attached Files:

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I think that's because the LTE/3G/1x indicator is actually an image and not type.

You might look in Cydia for some tweaks that will change the indicator. Maybe there will be something that's close to what you want.

3. mljchm101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your response! The 3G indicator is text (is currently complying with my system font), but the LTE indicator seems to be an image. I see several winterboard tweaks that change the LTE logo to an icon but most are not compatible with 8.4 and aren't working - they're too busy for me anyway.

Any other ideas?

4. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

You could make your own icon.

Make your own LTE theme

Create your icon and make two copies. Name the first one 'Black_DataTypeLTE@2x.png' and the second one 'LockScreen_DataTypeLTE@2x.png'.

(If not already existing) Inside your XXXX.theme folder cretae a new folder 'Folders' and inside this one 'UIKit.framework'. Paste both icons in the latter one and re-apply your theme in WinterBoard or Anemone.