Changing Mac Themes, dock, icons, etc...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Careyst, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Careyst macrumors newbie

I have been searching the internet for ways to customize my imac themes with different icons, themes, etc.. I have come across some with some sites and answers but none seem to do what I want.

What is the best source for this? What do you all use and how do you do it? I am running Snow Leopard. Thanks in advance.

2. Careyst thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jessica but that method does not work for me. I get up to the point where I have to paste the new icon and it does not let me paste. Those directions are for Leopard. Maybe that's why?

3. RangerFan104 macrumors newbie

I haven't found a way to change an entire theme, however the website leopard docks is really cool. I recommend downloading the leoparddocks app on the website for easiest use. They have a lot of different docks available. Icons you will just have to Google search for them and change them manually.

4. Careyst thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally got it to work. I had to change the permissions of each icon before I could change the icon image.

I just downloaded leopard docks but i'm having trouble using it. I click that I want my dock to be white, click apply, and save changes, but the change does not take place. :confused: