Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
My iTunes Apple ID account is @me.com where as my icloud account is @icloud.com

Any way to change my Apple ID to switch to @icloud.com?

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
My iTunes Apple ID account is @me.com where as my icloud account is @icloud.com

Any way to change my Apple ID to switch to @icloud.com?

You cannot change the primary email to be @icloud.com, it will always be the @me.com email address. But you can still sign in using the @icloud.com, but as far as Apple is concerned your main email for the account is the @me.com and always will be.

Basically, they are both going to the same exact email/account. You can use them interchangeably.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
You cannot change the primary email to be @icloud.com, it will always be the @me.com email address. But you can still sign in using the @icloud.com, but as far as Apple is concerned your main email for the account is the @me.com and always will be.

Basically, they are both going to the same exact email/account. You can use them interchangeably.

No source of support I can contact that could change the sign in email of my iTunes account? I was sure there was no way to do it yourself but there has to be a way for them to easily change it.

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
No source of support I can contact that could change the sign in email of my iTunes account? I was sure there was no way to do it yourself but there has to be a way for them to easily change it.
Yep, you're stuck with the @me.com. In fact you can't change it at all, you couldn't even change it to an @gmail.com either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.