Changing Multiple Icons

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i.shaun, May 24, 2009.

1. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Is there an apple script or something that can change icons automatically between files?

I have a small movie library, which I created icon files for (with a frame from the movie). I just have to "get info" on each movie individually, and copy the image icon over the movie's generic icon. I can't use poster frames in iTunes/Quicktime because they're not all quicktime compatible, and I didn't want to re-encode everything.

I'm just wondering if it is simple to write a script that will ask for an item (the image), copy it's Icon, then ask for a second item (the movie) and paste the icon to that.

If it is possible, the process would go a little faster both now, and for any others I do in the future.

2. i.shaun thread starter macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Alright, I just tried something I googles called "dropplings" which are applescript apps that perform various actions upon dropping a file on them.

I did:

Code:
    on open files_
    	tell application "Finder"
    		copy icon of files_ to clipboard

end tell

end open

It gives me an error which I believe is due to the fact that this script isn't working with the actual file, but an alias to the file (which would not help because the alias has a generic icon).