Changing my background, i think something is wrong.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mrweems, Jan 22, 2009.

1. mrweems macrumors member

I hope this is in the right forum.

Anyways, so when you go to change your background. You have all these options to choose from folder wise. Well i remember clearly, very very clearly back in Tiger that you could create a folder, or just an existing folder within say "Photos" and you could click it and it would access that folder and all its pictures. Mainly for changing the pictures every 5/10/30/day w/e I like my background to change often. Many pictures.

Well i have had leopard for a while. I forgot when i installed it. But i have noticed ever since then that when i try and change my background. It only lets me use photos that are inside the original Photo folder. There are no folders present inside the photo folder in the Background change area. Only pictures are present. This is a huge issue due to how i like to have things organized.

ANY clue what i need to do?

Also when i try and add a new folder to the list in the background change area, it says :

[​IMG]

Thanks for any help.

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Well this is what mine looks like (I was able to browse for my 'PICTURES' folder quite easily):

Attached Files:

3. mrweems thread starter macrumors member

so in the "pictures" folder.

When you click it. Do pictures pop up? Or does it give you folders inside of the "pictures" folder on the side?

Mine just shows "pictures" -> Photos (no folders), only photos that have been pulled out of folders and just laying in the "pictures" folder.

4. lordthistle macrumors 6502

I had the same problem.

The folder creating the problem is the Aperture library, which - in my case - was created by the trial application. I just removed it and everything was fine.

If you use Aperure and the folder is not empty, I have no suggestions but the solution is in doing something on the Aperture library folder.

thistle

5. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Interesting thread. I too installed the Aperature trial (may purchase it) and since then the apple stock wallpaper folders appear empty when viewing them in the desktop preferences. Another oddity is when I delete the plist file they all show up...until the next time I open the Desktop prefs.

Where is the Aperture folder to delete? Is there a way to keep using it but prevent it from showing up in the Desktop pref's as a wallpaper pick option?

6. mrweems thread starter macrumors member

so your saying delete the aperature application and all of its folders and this should be fixed?

I do not use this app. so yeah.. I don't think i've even used it once.
    Does it take up a lot of space? More space would be nice.

once again, thanks. Glad i could create a thread where some people have had simliar problems brought to attention.

7. mrweems thread starter macrumors member

Ok. i deleted the aperature trial.

and any other files attached to the program.

Though in the area in which i would choose places to select from for a background. the aperature options are still there. and one will not minimize. there are drop arrows to enlarge the aperature files. yea, well its nonresponsive now.

8. mrweems thread starter macrumors member

i retract that last statement.

I just went back into it. All is back to normal. Oddly, but back to normal.

9. lordthistle macrumors 6502

Glad to hear that. Anyway, I did not delete the entire application, but only its library, which is locate in ~/Pictures/

thistle

10. mrweems thread starter macrumors member

well i wasn't using it, and i said.. Hey, what the heck. Its just taking up unused space..

poof there it goes!! :)